Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Shiny Clouds


Be free little bird
I'm letting you go; I love you so
It shatters me, I know it shatters you 
But your sun must shine again

How I am in tatters trying to uncoil myself 
You, in every crevice of memory most sweet
But how can I keep you yet love you
How can I free you yet love again

Could sorrow be described in childish song; foolish poetry
In this scribbling of the boy with ideals
Shrouded now in prejudice 
of what the world ascribes to being a man

That which he stood against
Defiant to what is harsh and real
For the naivety of all things unconditional and lofty
How he succumbed 

May the powers that be watch over you and he now
Both were true as shiny clouds floating by
But the blue skies over the rainbow where they truly belong
Are not the blue skies this world feigns



4 comments:

  1. This is so beautifully written.. especially love the line: "but how can I keep you yet love you; How can I free you yet love again". Write more poetry please, you're so good at it! :( you should consider entering poetry competitions too ;)prize money can be used to buy yourself a frog for breakfast ;) teeheehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, most of my poems were prompted by circumstances that were not too kind to dear heart; such is the price of art sometimes. Having said that I should write more about the brighter things in life too

    ReplyDelete
  3. CANN. I in fact have a BRILLIANT idea. Why not Abby (being so supportive of my poems) come up with the prize money herself? BUY me frog breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha rest assured I will tapau a cooked frog for you. ugh, would never touch those slimy things. oooh that should be your next literary mission write about something "brighter"! :)

    ReplyDelete