Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Tragedy of Desire

The world swamps to know me in my light
Flees from my darkness
Through them both You walk beside me, oh God
You alone remain; always

But I am tempted by beauty
I am tested and I stumble blind
I fall like a rock to the bottom of the ocean
Where is the fortitude I boast of?

I urgently call to You, Father!
Give me the strength to extricate myself 
Grant me the wisdom to seek You first and the world after
That I may not stray from the teachings of my youth

In my weakness Your grace never left me
Your love for me - a mere blip in the scheme of things
Transcends infinity
Yet resembles the simplicity of a child's

Can I truly declare You as my one desire?
How differently my soul professes!
Give me resilience in the battle of my mind
In the stillness of my soul, console me

No comments:

Post a Comment